GOD: God created us in his own image and loves us greatly. Everyone matters to God!
SIN: The very first human beings created by God, Adam and Eve, chose to listen to the temptation of the Devil and disobey God’s only command. The result was catastrophic - we all developed an inborn sinful nature which separates us from God since he cannot be in the presence of sin, and which results in a penalty of death.
JESUS: To save mankind, God sent his only son Jesus Christ to live a sinless life on earth as both God and man, to be crucified with a horrible death as atonement for our sins, and to be resurrected. Should we choose to accept it, this incredible act of Grace restores our relationship with God and provides us with eternal life in heaven.
YOU: To receive salvation and this exciting gift of eternal life with God, all one must do is believe in this gospel of Jesus Christ and accept Him as Lord & Savior. This profession of faith restores our relationship with God and paves the way for a new life with Christ.
The Bible says we live in a Fallen World and that we are all sinners. The following incredible, heart-breaking facts support that this is indeed the case:
1. According to a recent report, around 284 million people aged 15-64 used drugs worldwide in 2020, a 26 per cent increase over the previous decade. Globally, the report estimates that 11.2 million people worldwide were injecting drugs. (See https://tinyurl.com/29cpnnty ).
2. Collectively smoking, alcohol and illicit drug use kills 11.8 million people each year worldwide. This is more than the number of deaths from all cancers. (See https://ourworldindata.org/drug-use ).
3. In the United States alone there are more than 100,000 deaths each year due to drug addiction (See https://tinyurl.com/ysnx7vt6 ), over 140,000 deaths due to alcohol abuse, and over 480,000 smoking related deaths ( https://tinyurl.com/474jv7nu ).
4. In the United States about 400 out of every 100,000 people are victims of violent crimes (homicide, rape, aggravated assault, and robberies), and about 2000 out of every 100,000 people were victims of property crimes (burglary, larceny theft, auto, etc.) (See https://tinyurl.com/474jv7nu ) .
5. Researchers estimate that 5.4 million people died from 1955 to 2002 as a result of wars in 13 countries ( https://tinyurl.com/y4naxup5 ). In the current Russia Ukraine conflict war over 7,000 have been killed, plus over 11,000 injured.
6. In addition, there is enormous world tension and conflict on many levels with many countries throughout the world. Two billion people, or a quarter of the world's population, now live in conflict-affected areas, according to the United Nations. An estimated 84 million people were "forcibly displaced because of conflict, violence and human rights violations," and an estimated 274 million people will need humanitarian assistance due to conflict, the U.N.'s Secretary-General António Guterres said recently ( https://tinyurl.com/yny2y5ru ).
7. More than 700,000 people die by suicide every year, which is one person every 40 seconds. Suicide is a global phenomenon and occurs throughout the lifespan (https://tinyurl.com/3jhvtsya )
8. There are an estimated 27.6 million human trafficking victims worldwide at any given time ( See https://tinyurl.com/2p8hkn3x ) . According to Reports, the most common form of human trafficking (79%) is sexual exploitation. Worldwide, almost 20% of all trafficking victims are children. Other victims include people of all ages, backgrounds, and nationalities (see https://tinyurl.com/nmfbxht4 )
In addition to this sampling of horrible and evil behaviors and events (there are many more), individuals often also display individual bad characteristics such as anger, impatience, self-centeredness, adultery, murder, stealing, coveting, dishonesty, lying, and much more. Aren’t we all guilty of one or more of these negative or sinful behaviors?
When one ponders and seriously considers the enormity of all of the above, it certainly does suggest that the Bible might be correct when it states that we live in a Fallen World and have a sinful nature. How could all these terrible events happen if this was not the case? If this is true, it could also make sense that we are all very much broken and sinful and thus in need of a savior to solve this horrible problem. Could what the Bible says about Jesus being the savior that we all need be true as well?
We encourage you to review the rest of this web site along with the numerous cited references with an open mind and heart to form your own thoughts and beliefs about God and what this all truly means. Additionally, for more background and understanding of what the Bible says about our sinful nature, how that came to be, and the saving grace of our savior Jesus, you can also review the book Christianity According to the Bible by Ron Rhodes ( See https://tinyurl.com/bden2rrw ).
"The Gospel of Jesus Christ by Paul Washer"
"The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke & John"
These books describe the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. They present the promise of eternal salvation to those who believe in Christ as the Messiah and accept Him as their Lord and Savior.