Review this video about the Universe we live in and reflect & contemplate the following amazing facts that support the possibility of a Creator and a God
Selected Facts About Human Body Functions:
See National Geographic Human Body Video HERE.
Selected Human Body Functions
IS THE STUNNING COMPLEXITY OF THE HUMAN BODY POSSIBLY THE RESULT OF RANDOM EVOLUTION AND EVENTS?
Scientists estimate there are approximately 8.7 million animal species on the earth (see https://tinyurl.com/yd42wu76 ), all unique in their design, and a total of over 10 billion billion individual animals. Creatures range from all different types and sizes and characteristics, such as tiny ants, birds, insects, dogs, cats, tigers, giraffes, massive elephants, Hippopotamus, pigs, rabbits, monkeys, whales, fish, dolphins, and many, many more. All of these creatures have an incredibly sophisticated design, body and biological system. Amazingly, Scientists also estimate that 86% of existing species on Earth and 91% of species in the ocean still await discovery and description. To experience just a small sampling of this amazing creation and complexity simply visit your local zoo and/or aquarium.
The following are just a few examples of some of the incredible mind-blowing capabilities of some of these animals that raise the question- where did they all come from and how did this happen?
For further detail please see https://tinyurl.com/dx6z8zt7 and https://tinyurl.com/ysmnnffm .
Additionally, there are an incredible number of varied and sophisticated plants on the earth. For example, estimates suggest approximately 1.2 million species of plants, protozoa, and chromists on the earth.
Selected Key Universe Statistics:
See Universe Video HERE.
7. Everything in the universe is fine tuned to support life on earth. Galaxies are moving away from the earth ( See https://www.space.com/hubbles-law ) at a phenomenal speed of 100 million miles per hour as the result of the original big bang creation. This is precisely the rate necessary to enable the formation of galaxies. If it expands too slowly, it would collapse into a big lump. If it works to fast the matter would disperse. If our moon were larger or we had multiple moons, its gravitational pull would cause tidal waves and severe climate instabilities. If the earth was closer to the sun it would be too hot to survive. There is just enough oxygen on earth (21 per cent of the atmosphere) for creatures to breathe. If it were lower humans would suffocate, if it were higher, fires would erupt spontaneously. The size of Juniper is large enough to attract asteroids that would otherwise hit the earth. If there were more or less water vapor in our atmosphere it would be too hot or too cold to survive on earth.
8. Big Bang Theory: The majority of astrophysicists and cosmologists today believe the big bang represents the beginning of the universe some 13-15 billion years ago. It was a massive cosmic explosion that exploded the universe into existence from a tiny dot size. Something had to cause this big bang.
9. There are numerous improbable factors that must be precisely in place and balanced for the survival of life on earth. As one Scholar puts it: “The astonishing intricacy, harmony, and organization of the cosmos in allowing for human life is evidenced from the fine-tuning of the fundamental constants of physics, to the “just so” nature of the galaxy
10. In 2022, the first pictures from the James Webb Space Telescope, an ambitious scientific endeavor that explores the universe in more detail than previously possible, further demonstrate the incredible magnitude and grander of our world. The first images and spectroscopic data from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope have revealed unprecedented and detailed views of the universe. For example, there are thousands of galaxies in the photo to the right on this page. The red galaxies are the most distant. This amazing display further demonstrates that the universe had to be the work of a God designer and creator. See many more incredible pictures on the following link, all which scream of God’s presence. https://webbtelescope.org/news/first-images/gallery .
The Theory of Evolution, originally presented by Charles Darwin, essentially states that all forms of life are constructed from the same basic elements, and that humans are the result of a long series of evolutionary changes. Thus, humans were not created by God, they simply evolved from other life forms over a very long period of time. If this is true, does it prove that God does not exist? There is lots of debate about this topic by many evolutionists and many creationists.
We now explore a variety of facts and logic about this most important topic. We begin by suggesting you review all the above amazing facts and statistics on this web site about Humans, the Animal kingdom, and the Universe. Then proceed to review the following high-level observations and logic. Note this is not intended to be a detailed scientific analysis but rather is intended to provide a perspective on the issues - allowing the reader to draw their own conclusions. Some great references are then provided for further, more detailed analysis if desired.
When reflecting on all the amazing facts and statistics on this web site, one questions whether human life and our world could truly be the result of an arbitrary and random process of Evolution. The following provides some more specific logic and questions to ponder and consider:
1. While there is no question individual life forms evolve by natural processes over time and one should not question the related science, there is no clear scientific evidence that one life form (ie. a dog, cat, bird, etc.) can actually evolve into another materially different life form (ie. monkey, donkey, tiger, etc.). All the specific scientific evidence generally cited refers to microevolution within one species, even though some of the evolutionary changes within a species can be quite significant. Also, it’s hard to buy the argument that it’s just a matter of time for this type of species-to-species macroevolution evolution to occur. This just does not seem like a logical or realistic possibility.
2. Aside from the scientific debate, does it really make sense that initial very simple life forms or basic cells evolved into over 8 million different animal species - with the materially different characteristics, mind blowing capabilities, totally different physical sizes and appearances, etc. - described above on this web site? Can we really believe that all these dramatically different creatures in the world – worms, bunnies, dogs, cats, giraffes, elephants, tigers, lions, hippopotamuses, cows, snakes, birds, monkeys, whales, seals, and on and on – evolved completely randomly? For example, can you really believe a dog could have evolved into an elephant or a bird could have evolved into a lion? Or that any of these creatures could have evolved into a Human Being?
All of these amazing facts scream out the following key question: Where did all these creatures and mind-blowing capabilities come from? Could this possibly be the result of a random process of evolution, or do they point to a creator who designed everything to function as it does? If you believe this is the result of natural evolution, which certainly does occur on a microevolution basis within species, where did the first life forms come from? Could microevolution and all the above incredible capabilities be the result of Gods design and plan?
Can you really believe macro evolution, creating one species (or even Humans) randomly from an entirely different species, is really logical or possible? Or does it make much more sense that all of the incredible above facts are the result of a creator God? Also again, in any case, where did the very first life forms come from?
3. Can we believe that the Human body - with billions of nerve cells, thousands of miles of blood vessels, trillions of cells with sophisticated molecular machines, eyes, nose, hands, feet, sexual organs, brains, and so much more - all working together in a harmonious manner evolved randomly and was not designed to function as it does? Can you believe the miracle of how a child is created and childbirth could just be the result of random evolution?
4. Even if you consider accepting all of the above was caused by Evolution, where did the first life forms come from? Where did the universe come from? And if you believe in the Big Bang Theory, which can make logical sense, how did that happen and where did that come from?Accurate science is certainly true, but it doesn’t answer everything. Could what we understand about science simply be how God chose – and continues - to create and develop our world?
The above questions at the very least point to the possibility that there is a God who created and designed the world and all its life forms. In fact, it may even make a very compelling case as you continue to contemplate and explore this topic.
This Evolution debate is perhaps the single biggest reason for not believing in God and for Atheism in today’s world. For further detailed debate topics regarding the above issues, we refer you to Ron Rhodes book “The Ten Things You Should Know About the Creation vs. Evolution Debate” (See https://tinyurl.com/sr4kxmcx ) . We also refer you to William Dembski’s book “Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science & Theology” (See https://tinyurl.com/82jy5fsa ) . It is also important to understand there are many more reasons beyond the Evolution debate to consider the possibility that there is a God. We refer you to explore the rest of this website for further information.
All of the above - which is a small sampling of the world order, complexity, and sophistication from the molecular level, to the human body and countless species, to the outer reaches of the interstellar universe - seems to point to an intelligent design by a Creator. Thus could there be a God who wanted us to discover his existence?
When you look at the complexities of a sophisticated watch, do you wonder how it happened to come together to form a complicated timepiece by chance, or does that watch prove the existence of a watchmaker? If you can prove the existence of a watchmaker from one piece of jewelry, what does our universe, our animal and plant life, and our own human bodies point our attention to? Were we designed by God? Should you open your mind to the possibility that God truly exists? Might it take more faith to posit all of these complex systems came into being by random chance, or might it be more reasonable to conclude all of this world was designed by an intelligent Creator?
Creation, Nature and The Universe - the probabilities of the scope and scales of the universe and the complexities of its contents (humans in particular), as noted in the above, make random coincidental creation impossible to accept. A correct evaluation of this evidence supports the fact that everything in nature, in fact, proves God exists as Creator. The summation of this is contained in the statement that all these aspects of creation simply could not have come into existence apart from the activity of an all-powerful God.
Humanities Inner Intuition & Sense of God - historical and testamentary documentation supports the notion that mankind has demonstrated a desire for, and an awareness of, existence beyond itself.
Sense of Right & Wrong: We all have an inborn sense of right and wrong that must have come from a higher power.
People & Love: There is a natural desire for love of others.
Philosophical – A variety of arguments support that it is not rational to reject the idea of God's existence:
- cosmological - everything has a creator
- teleological - all creation has purpose and therefore design
- ontological - if it is greater to exist than not exist, the greatest existence is God
- moral - sense of right and wrong demanding ultimate justice
Personal and Corporate Testimony – there are numerous individual historical confessions of specific and direct encounters with God both within and outside the context of scripture.
Review and download a summary presentation of all the facts and logic provided above with an open heart and mind to help formulate your beliefs about the possibility God Really Exists.
Based on all of these facts and considerations, do you now believe – or are you open to the possibility – that God Really Exists? If so, after reviewing the rest of this web site, we encourage you to also contemplate the Next Steps section of the web site.
The Case For Christ by Lee Strobel (Book & DVD’s): https://tinyurl.com/y2jen976
Cold-Case Christianity by J. Warner Wallace: https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Case-Christianity-Homicide-Detective-Investigates/dp/1434704696
The 10 Things You Should Know About the Creation vs. Evolution Debate by Ron Rhodes: https://www.amazon.com/Things- Should-Creation-Evolution-Debate/dp/0736911529
Answering the Objections of Atheists, Agnostics, and Skeptics by Ron Rhodes: https://www.amazon.com/Answering-Objections-Atheists-Agnostics-Skeptics/dp/0736912886
You Tube Video: 209 Seconds That Will Make You Question Your Entire Existence
The Body Revealed Exhibits
Amazing Molecular Machines in Your Body: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_tYrnv_o6A
Molecular Machines: http://www.windowview.org/sci/pgs/28mol.machine.html